Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Harris Lost His Tooth

On 21 April a tragedy happened to Harris. He fell at Irshad surau and lost his permanent front tooth (top left)! I was very sad when I received the phone call from one of his teachers. I went to see him immediately and he was asleep in the teachers’ office when I arrived. I called Steve at his office and arranged to meet with him at the Kuantan Medical Center emergency room. Since it was quite late in the afternoon, it didn’t occur to me to look for his missing tooth. I was only told afterwards by the doctor that if I found the tooth, I could insert it back immediately and the chances for it to stay permanently would be very good. There’s no use of regretting it now. There must be a reason why it happened. The doctor said that he would have to go see the dentist for follow-ups many times until he’s 18 years old when he can finally have a bridge or tooth implant. Poor Harris. My heart bleeds for you…

No comments: