Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy birthday

Today is Hannah's birthday. As usual we bake a chocolate cake as that is the kind that all my children love to eat. It has been a family tradition to bake a chocolate cake the day (or night) prior to the day of celebration. It is safe to say that Steve and I have become experts in baking it so if one cannot do it, the other will automatically takes over the responsibility. Since I was busy cooking porridge and chicken soup (along with hot and spicy soy sauce, yum, yum) he baked the cake. It is exciting because Hannah's birthday is going to be the first to be celebrated in our new home. I wonder if Steve has bought a present for her yet. I feel bad because I said something unpleasant to Hannah this morning because she has a habit of not using a prayer rug when she prays. I hope that incident does not spoil her day. I feel even worse after I read Prof Kamil's and Zaid's blog entries about raising children this morning. I know all the theory about raising children but when it comes to practice ... I guess that is part and parcel of being a parent. Happy birthday Hannah :)

No comments: