Thursday, September 18, 2008

Looking Back (2006)

I will try to remember certain main family events which have taken place in the past 2 years.
In January 2006 we bought a new Innova. The kids were so excited when we went to the Toyota service center in Semambu to pick up the car. I am sure they feel relieve not having to be smashed together like sardines in our old Proton Wira whenever we go for long trips. Then in March my husband (Steve a.k.a. Mustafa) finally got his permanent resident status, thank to Pak Lah. It was such a challenge trying to get the PR. We filed in the application in 1993, a few months after we got married and we receive an automatic rejection from the immigration department. Then we had to appeal, 4 times before it was approved. For those ladies who are thinking of marrying a foreign man, be prepared for this mental and emotional torture. Alhamdulillah, the torture finally ends!

My son Danial sat for his UPSR exam in September. Alhamdulillah he got 5A’s. We didn’t pressure him to study because he’s the type who pays very close attention to what the teachers teach in class. We didn’t send him to any tuition either because Mustafa doesn’t believe in sending kids for tuition. He said “What are schools for?” I agree with him, after all it’s only UPSR! Just the beginning… he still have many more to go such as PMR, SPM, 1st degree, master’s degree, and a PhD… I hope all my children will do well in school.

In November we sent Danial, Yasmin, and Harris to a Quran camp in Salak Tinggi Mosque for a month. I think that was the third camp that they have attended. In late December Mustafa, my mom and myself went to Mecca to perform our Hajj. Danial, Yasmin and Harris took a day off from the Quran camp to send me to the airport. Then they continue the camp until Chrismas day. After that they stayed with my eldest sister (Along) in Ulu Bendul, NS for a week before my friend Husni took them back to Kuantan because they have to attend school. While we were in Mecca, Hannah and Najla stayed with along until we got back. Hannah celebrated her 6th birthday while we were gone with Along and her family. Mustafa and I called her on that day and she was so excited talking to us.

No comments: