Monday, August 3, 2009

Pigout Time!

Last Friday (31 July) and all the way through weekend were pig-out days! On Friday morning I attended a birthday gathering for my boss at the office. We had plenty of food such as “mee kari, soto, mee hoon, rojak buah, lai chee kang”, chocolate cake, cheese cake, and puddings. It was hard to resist those wonderful dishes so I didn’t even try. I just controlled the portions and skipped lunch. In the evening I attended another gathering at my neighbor’s house. It was their house warming party as well as hair cutting ceremony for their new granddaughter. Both Danial (who just got back from a guitar lesson) and Harris stayed home playing computer games and Steve went to town sending the girls to their art class, so I went alone. To lessen my guilt for pigging out, I jogged to the house, ate some “roti jala”, jogged around the block and all the way home.
The hostess (in purple dress)
They even gave us these souvenirs to take home

When I came home I saw tonnes of “keropok kering” (dried fish crackers) and “keropok lekor” in my kitchen. Steve informed me those were given by Juan’s dad (Roberto). He brought them to Steve’s office all the way from Terengganu. I fried some for Danial and Harris as an addition to their French fries dinner. I promised myself not to eat that night but as the saying goes, promises are meant to be broken! When Steve and the girls came home with a bag of sate, I ate some more! There goes my waistline. The next day, after Hannah and I attended our piano lesson, Steve, Najla, and I went to my friend Aida’s sister’s wedding at “Wisma Belia” Indera Mahkota. Yup! More eating to do. Wow! It was a huge wedding with the Sultan and Sultanah Pahang as the VIP guests. I met my “Harfiah” class’ teacher and an MCC alumna Amira, whom I haven’t met in ages. In fact, the bride is Amira’s relative. After the wedding my whole family left for my mom’s kampong in NS. We still have a bit of fruits left, such as mangosteen, “duku, langsat, and rambutan”. On Sunday Steve, Najla, and I attended another wedding! More food! Aaaaahhh, we can’t run away from them. They are everywhere! How lucky we are in this country. While many in the world are dying of hunger, we are dying of eating too much! The bigger kids didn’t want to go. They had more important things to do such as watching the idiot box! What a bunch of party poopers.

Both bride & groom are MCC alumni
Najla was having her dessert (chocolate icecream)
Delicious looking wedding cake

2 comments:

Zara Zaidi said...

Mam....i like to read your blog... tapi knapa lama x update?....

My Stories and Me said...

Salam Ramadhan Zara, so sorry. I don't know that I have a faithful follower. Wow, cyberworld! It's exciting, amazing, and creepy at the same time when we think of how many people read what we write kan? God knows who are reading our blogs and what effects these blogs have on their daily lives. I hope I only give them positive effects. Anyway, I must apologize for not updating mine. Lately, dah hilang mood nak menulis, idea ada. Insya Allah I will start again real soon. So stay tune...