Monday, March 28, 2011

Conversation with Najla

Yesterday while washing dishes Najla came to me with her new umbrella and the conversation goes like this:

Najla: Mak, look at my new umbrella. It's only 8 Ringgits. Abah bought it at the co-op.
Me: Really? What happens to your red umbrella?
Najla: I don't know. Hannah had it before. Besides it was torn.
Me: What? It's a new umbrella and it's already torn?
Najla: Yeah. I don't know how to take good care of it. I am not like you. You have many children.
Me: What is the relationship between having many children and umbrella?
Najla: Well, you can take good care of your children, and taking care of children is more difficult than taking care of an umbrella.
Me: ??? (Smart kid ;))

3 comments:

l i e y n said...

clever girl!!! she must be very proud of her mak..

my irfan call the umbrella, "hujan air", ish ish ish

yani said...

hahahaha...good one!!

Family Memoirs said...

Salam to you two. Yeah, I was surprised when she came up with that reasoning. Budak sekarang, bijak ya.