Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

Is it normal to have an image of a character in our head when we read a novel? I hope it is because I always have faces for all the characters in any book that I read. The same happened when I read Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert which I just finished a few weeks ago. I have been wondering how close the images were to the real characters (if they were real). In Eat, Pray, Love, there is a character named Ketut Liyer. Gilbert made it sound like this old man is so wonderful, warm, adorable, and even cute like a teddy bear. So naturally a certain image came to my mind to fit all the descriptions. But when I saw an article about the real Ketut Liyer in NST last Monday, I was disappointed because the image I had is no where near the original one (in the picture above).

No comments: