Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Activities

Like my typical Sunday, I started the day with a jog around the neighborhood, and today I went with my friend Faridah. By the time I left the house, Steve and Danial have already left for Al Irsyad school because Danial’s school team was supposed to have a soccer match with a team from another school. Later in the day I found out that the other team didn’t show up so they just played among themselves. When I came back from jogging (about an hour) Steve has gone to the kids’ school again and this time he had to send Harris for a youth cadet practice. He informed me earlier that he was going straight to his office to do some work after he dropped Harris. I cleaned up quickly and got ready for my tajwid lesson at 9.00am. Since Steve was not at home, I took Najla to my tajwid class. When the class was over at 10.30am, Najla asked me to send her home because she didn’t want to go to KPTM with me for my ping pong training. Today, 4 guys showed up for the training and we played for 2 hours. By the time we finished, I was starving. As soon as I got home, my family and I enjoyed our long awaited Tacos.

After lunch, a sudden idea of going to the nearby waterfall popped into my mind. When I mentioned it to Steve, he quickly agreed (that’s no surprise, he’s a very agreeable man :)). As soon as I mentioned the plan to the kids, they all got excited and started packing for clothes to take with us. We left the house around 3.30pm and we got back at 6.30pm. Everyone was hungry after playing in the water and we had and early dinner of the left over Tacos from lunch.

Now, at 11 pm all the kids are fast asleep. Only Steve and I are awake, enjoying a quiet moment which is rare.

No comments: