Sunday, May 17, 2009

Taco Meal


I don’t know what has gotten into me lately, I have been in the wildest mood for cooking. On Friday I was attacked by a violent craving for a Tex-Mex meal and the first dish that came to my mind was Taco because it’s delicious and simple to prepare. So, after Hannah and I finished our piano lesson yesterday, we went to Pantai Selamat supermarket to get the necessary ingredients to make Taco. I bought 2 packets of ground beef, 2 packets of Taco seasonings, a can of whole tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, a head of lettuce, red chilies, and a few ripe tomatoes. Since we still have an extra block of cheese from our macaroni meal, I didn't have to buy any. As soon as I got home I made the salsa. Then I made the beef filling, chopped the lettuce, cubed tomatoes, and grated the cheese. Right before we ate them today, I heated up a few taco shells and voila! Taco anyone?


Taco is ready to be eaten!

The beef filling

The Taco shells and homemade salsa

The filling and the homemade salsa

Yumm, yumm, Finger licking good and they are all gone!

10 comments:

l i e y n said...

i pernah makan taco yg u buat! bestnya!!! simple, healthy n delicious!

Beautiful^Devil said...

kak mahani.. i nk gak taco.. huhu.. umah i ade seasoning tu.. tp i dh takleh masuk dapo... wuwu.. the taco u made luks excruciatingly delicious.. i want one... puwishhhhh???

Family Memoirs said...

Memang lazat. Lin nak resepi ke? Akak dah siap taip lagi.

Alahai adik Jet oii, filling dia mungkin ada lagi sikit, tapi tak sure nak kena check dulu. Kalau ada I have to go buy more shells sebab the shells tu confirm dah habih semalam.

suka menanti said...

yem..yem..
sedapnya, bila saya ke kuantan bolehlah masakkan ye...

Family Memoirs said...

Salam Norida. You belum pernah rasa taco lagi? Kalau you datang Kuantan sure kami boleh prepare, tapi bagi tau awallah sikit, boleh beli bahan-bahan untuk nak buat. Kirim salam sama Jo dan anak-anak.

caehanadamia said...

kak mahani, nak resipi jgkkkk...

Family Memoirs said...

caehanadamia, siapa ye? Tak kenal, pas tu nak access blog pulak tak boleh. Kalau nak resepi kenalah bagi email address. Namti boleh hantarkan...

Lowell said...

You're making me hungry, Mahani! Mexican food is hard to find here in Thailand. Just last week Devin made Tacos and they were fantastic.

Anonymous said...

salam..
looks sangat sedap :)

selalu singgah tp ari ni tinggal jejak :)

Family Memoirs said...

Sorry Lowell, didn't mean to make you hungry but I love tacos.
Sorry lah abanglong ni siapa ye. Must be a mystery man.