Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Most Recent Weekend Activities

Last Friday (29 May) Harris had to stay overnight at his school preparing for his trip to Kedah for the School Youth Cadet’s camp. Steve picked him up on Saturday and he brought Harris’ friend Omar home too. Omar’s parents went back to Johore so Omar had to stay at our house. On Saturday morning Hannah and I attended our piano lesson as usual. After the class was over, I dropped her home and I drove to the College to join Azah and Aniz playing ping pong. Actually both Azah and I are trying to train Aniz to play so she could join us at MARA games in Johore next week. We are really desperate for another woman player. When I came home at noon, I cooked a big pot of tom yam. I think Omar was lucky because I was hit by my cooking mood. Otherwise, he had to settle for a burger from the nearby stall. While I was busy cooking, Steve sent Yasmin and Hannah to the DaVinci Art for their make-up art lesson. They were supposed to have it on Sunday but we change the schedule because we wanted to go to our friend’s wedding on Sunday. Anyway, after I finished cooking my wonderful tom yam I went to pick Yasmin and Hannah. While there, I took several pictures of them drawing. They are quite talented I would say.

Yasmin and Hannah Drawing and Painting

After we left the DaVinci place, we went to shop for pants for me to take to MARA games next week. Then we had to rush home because I had to attend the closing ceremony for the new student orientation program at the College. The students performed some sketch and songs. I didn’t stay until the end because I needed to get home and sew some kind of logo onto Harris’ beret. On Sunday I got up much earlier than usual to make fried noodle (bee hoon) for breakfast, which was a very rare occasion. Usually we bought “roti canai” or “nasi minyak” from the nearby stall. Then I jogged for a few kilometers and stopped by my office to get the list of the new student names to be given to the ID photographer. In the afternoon, Steve, Danial, Hannah, Najla and I went to my friends’ wedding. For those who didn’t get a chance to attend, here are some photos taken at the wedding:

Around 9.30pm everybody sent Harris to his school to catch the bus for the Youth Cadet’s camp trip. The bus left Kuantan at exactly 10.15pm.


Harris and His Friends before Leaving Kuantan Last Night

I hope Harris will have a safe and fun trip to Kedah (and back). He’ll be there until this coming Friday. Danial and Yasmin will go to their Youth Cadet’s camp in Perak this Wednesday. Then next Monday, I will go to Johore for MARA games. Only Steve, Hannah and Najla will stay put in Kuantan.

2 comments:

Neeza Shahril said...

Kak M, the friend yang kawin tu Suzi kan nama dia. Am I right? The guy is a used to be PRS student of mine.. His name is Zul kan. Betul ke? Rasanya tak silap orang dah ni..

cantiklah lukisan Yasmin.. or was it Hannah's? I wish my kids can enrol to that kinda class here.. Unfortunately, takde :(

Family Memoirs said...

Salam Neeza, you are definitely right about Suzi and Zul. We went quite late so they have changed costume. I think their theme was maroon but in the picture I took Suzi was wearing an Indian costume in gold.

Yes I am very pleased with Hannah's and Yasmin's progress at the art place. They both love to draw and color. Memang seronoklah tengok dia orang melukis. I am green with envy...