Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rat Attack!

On Saturday before we went back to my mom’s kampong, Najla showed me her watermelon bag (a hand-me-down from Yasmin) which had some rat bites! Darn! The stinking rat has done it again. Last week the sucker punctured Najla’s kindergarten’s bag. I believe there is only one of them terrorizing our house. Interestingly, I realized that this thing started to happen during fasting month. Before this we didn’t have the problem. My theory is that, during fasting month we don’t eat as much therefore I don’t throw lots of left-over food to the area where we plant some veggies at our back-yard (as a cheap form of organic fertilizer). I guess the rat is hungry and started to enter the house. Steve set up a trap in the kitchen but the sucker is so smart, it took the bait and never got caught! Well, not yet anyway. Last night when we came back from the kampong, I found that my “muruku” package was punctured and so was my self-rising flour package. This little thing is really getting on my nerves! We haven’t used any rat poison because we have small children and poison is not good for environment. Since our patience is running low, we might use it soon.

Najla's watermelon bag

No comments: