Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Trip to KL

I saw an advertisement for Lat’s cartoon exhibition long ago. I was really hoping to go see it but I didn’t think that it would materialize. So I kept the thought aside until we went back to the kampong this past weekend. Since it was a three-day weekend, I asked Danial and Yasmin if they wanted to keep me company, and they both said yes. I didn’t ask the 3 little ones because of the fear that they might slow me down, especially Najla. I am sure she would need to go to the bathroom a thousand times! So I had to get Steve’s help to distract them when the three of us left. We decided to be adventurous so we took a bus, then KTM commuter, LRT, and finally a taxi to get to our destination which was Bangsar Shopping Center (BSC). Wow! that was the first time I took the City Liner bus that passes through my kampong. It was so different from the buses which I used to ride when I was a kid. There was no bus conductor!


Then when we were on the commuter we met a friendly Indian guy. He stared at Danial for a while and asked me, “excuse me puan, is your husband a Benggali?” When I said no, he was profusely saying sorry. I thought it was funny. We left the kampong around 9am and arrived at BSC at 11am. We spent about one and a half hours enjoying Lat’s cartoons and then we headed to Kinokuniya book store. Our whole family is nuts about books. We can control ourselves from buying other worldly stuff but not books. We bought 3 novels for Danial, 3 for Yasmin, and 1 novel plus 2 motivational books for me which costs me around 300 Ringgits.

Before we dug deeper into my wallet, we left in a hurry. On the way out we stopped at an internet café to check our FarmVille! I couldn’t believe I paid 12 Ringgit per hour just to check whether my “vegetables and animals” were ready to be harvested!! Such a ridiculous thing to do but I did it! By the time we arrived at my mom’s kampong, it was already 6.00 pm. Naturally, my wonderful mother has done all the cooking for our breakfasting.


Here are some photos for those who didn't have the opportunity to see the exhibition.


Danial & Yasmin were enjoying slide show of Lat's cartoons
Below are among my favorites
Since I didn't have extra money to burn for this book (which costs RM120), I just took a picture of it.
This is the bag that you get if you buy the above book.Danial & Yasmin posing while waiting for the LRT to go to Kinokuniya

No comments: