Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Raya Card

This morning I received a wonderful handmade Raya Card from Najla. She showed it to me in the car yesterday when we were on the way back from my mom’s kampong. But at that time it was not colored yet so I asked her to color it first. I think this will be the first and the last conventional card I will receive for this year because my friends prefer to send electronic cards. I realize that my daughters are better at giving gifts and cards to Steve and I compared to our two boys. I wonder if that is common to other people’s children too. Maybe, a research needs to be done and the topic would be “Gifts giving: Is it more common among girls or boys?”


Raya card for me
Raya card for Steve

2 comments:

yani said...

Comeinyeeee.....My daughter pun the same. Gapu(grandfather) sakit, she will make a card, someone gives her a gift, she will send a thank you card, kena marah (by her mommy) she will write me "I am sorry" card etc etc ...hehehehe and so far my son, nada. Oh wait, he is not even 2 yet, so I guess that does not count huh? :)

Family Memoirs said...

Thanks Yani. Now the card is posted on the board at my office. Forget about how I look in that card (kadnya mungkin comel tapi gambar maknya menakutkan, hahaha). Anyway the thought that counts. She tried her best so I must appreciatelah kan? Jadi balik M'sia tak?