Saturday, October 3, 2009

Craving

When we are fasting, we often crave for something even ordinary food like Maggi noodles. This happened to me yesterday when I was at a grocery store near my house. Originally I stopped at Miza Maju store to get my newspaper but unintentionally I saw rows of Maggi packets.
All of a sudden I craved for it. However, I didn’t want to cook with the condiment that came with it so I had to quickly improvise the recipe in my head. I went to the next grocery store to buy chicken, tempe, tofu, and fish balls. As soon as I got home, I boiled 5 eggs and started to prepare all the ingredients for my dish. Once the dish was ready it looked like “mee kari”.

The best thing was, all the kids said they loved it except for Danial because he was not home. He is having the final PMR camp at his school which will last for 3 days (Friday 2 until Sunday 4 October 09). He left yesterday and will be home tomorrow.

No comments: