Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dental Appointment

It has been 4 years since Harris lost his front permanent tooth.  On Tuesday I took him for a regular check-up at HTAA clinic.  Alhamdulillah, the doctor said she didn't need to do any "treatment" to Harris' other permanent tooth.  She's keeping an eye on it and will review in 3 more months.  I hope and pray that he will be able to keep the tooth for ever. It's sad enough to see him lost one.  He used to love biting the whole apple using his front teeth.  Since the accident, he learned to cut apples into small chunks.  I am grateful because it could be worse.  I keep telling myself that other people lost more vital parts of their body and alhamdulillah, Harris only lost a tooth.  Nevertheless, it makes me feel so vulnerable, small, helpless, etc. which is not a bad feeling at all.  Humans need to feel like that once in a while in order to prevent us from losing sight on who we are.  We'll have to continuously see a doctor until he reaches 18 years old when he can have a tooth implant.  Only 4 more years.  It'll be here soon...

No comments: