Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Harris’ 11th Birthday

Having 5 children means celebrating their birthdays 5 times a year. Well, that’s not so bad. Looking for the right presents 5 times a year is sometimes tough. We don’t want to buy something too expensive because that will drill deep holes in our pockets but at the same time we would like to get something which would please our kids. Since Steve is not so busy at his office at the moment, he went shopping for the present. Harris wanted a Nintendo DS but we (the parents!) disagreed. Besides being expensive, it will just transfer Harris’ attention from the computer screen to the game screen. That would be bad for his eyesight! Steve decided to get him a remote control car and Harris loves it. At least something takes his eyes off the computer. He didn’t open his present until 10 o’clock last night, after we got back from a birthday dinner at Pizza Hut (a ritual for the past several years). We didn’t cut his chocolate birthday cake until this evening, after Steve and I got off work. The chocolate cake is homemade, and it is another family ritual ever since we celebrated our eldest son’s first birthday in 1995! They aren’t tired of the taste yet. Happy birthday Harris.

At Pizza Hut (Ktn Parade)
Harris is taller than abang Danial?
Najla must be full to be able to make that expression
Harris! Get off the counter!
Mmmm, yummy icecream
How does it feel to be 11 Harris?
Harris with his present
Najla got a present too, a diary. See! she's writing in it!
Smile... You are on candid camera!
The same old chocolate cake
Be careful Harris, don't cut yourself
Harris' present, the batteries are dead already!
Yasmin, Hannah, and Najla got one of this diary each
Danial got this mouse and he has to share it with me!

7 comments:

l i e y n said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
l i e y n said...

happy birthday haris!!!!

base buat alas choc cake tu sgt classy n jujur....hehehehheheheh

interior deco Pizza Hut KP tu cantik sangat!

My Stories and Me said...

Hahaha,itu aje yang terdekat dan senang dicapai masa tu. Tak pernah pegi lagi ke Pizza hut KP lepas dia orang renovated?

Rozella said...

Happy Birthday to Harris! 11 is a big number! :)

I didn't know that you have such a beautiful family.

My Stories and Me said...

Thanks Rozella. Well, I don't expect you to know much about me yet because we just met. So from now on we can exchange all family "secrets" hehehe:) BTW, I just browsed through your blog and that entry on reading books really hits home. I am very much like that because I go crazy when I see books. I keep buying them but I have so little time to read because I have 1001 things to do. I can't wait until I retire! Take care.

Neeza Shahril said...

Happy Birthday Harris! seronoknya kan we're blessed with our kids yang bermacam ragam.. kadang2 jadi singa.. kadang2 jadi kucing kita ni hehehe..

My Stories and Me said...

Salam Neeza. So good to see you the other day. You dah sampai ke Jubail semula ye? Yes you are right. I am singa more often than kucing compared to you kot. Hehehe. But we are blessed indeed.