Saturday, July 11, 2009

Najla Began DaVinci Art Class

Today, after piano lesson, I had a wonderful time watching Najla drawing at the Da Vinci Art Centre. It was the second session she attended because she just enrolled in that class last Saturday, 4 July 2009. She really enjoys the class because Hannah and Yasmin are taking it at the same time. I took some pictures of her and Hannah in the classroom. Yasmin was absent today because she has to attend a youth cadet camp at “Taman Pertanian” in Indera Mahkota. Harris and Danial are at the same camp. They left yesterday and will come home tomorrow (Sunday, 12 July). Our house is much quieter than usual because almost half of its inhabitants are gone. But we had a nice visit from my friend Marina, her husband, and their 2 children this afternoon. They brought us lots of sweet corns, about 10 ears I think. I happened to be in my cooking mood so I made chicken soup and rice porridge. It was sort of like “soto”, instead of eating it with the regular cubed rice, we ate the soup with the porridge. I thought it tasted pretty delicious! If I ever lose my 8 to 5 job, I will still be able to survive selling “soto”. Speaking of cooking, tomorrow I am going to attend a cooking lesson at the place where I learned how to make cup cakes last month, or was it in May? Anyway, tomorrow we are going to learn how to make spaghetti Bolognese, chocolate caramel cookies, walnut & raisin bread, and yogurt (dadih). I am really looking forward to it. I will write about it in my blog next week.


Najla's hard at work
Hannah's coloring her drawing
Najla was trying to show me her drawings
Heart Shapes by Najla
Donald Duck was colored by Najla on her first day of class
Najla's first drawing when she joined the art class
Parents are waiting for thier kids to finish class


No comments: