Monday, April 20, 2009

The Fast and Ridiculous

Last Wednesday I took an unrecorded leave because I worked all day on the previous Saturday taking care of the final exams. So happened that last week Steve’s school was on its Spring break. We went to Kuantan for a date. Well, actually I needed to fill my cavity which was the size of the Grand Canyon! The dentist told me to do it about 6 months ago, but I kept postponing it until last week. This dentist (Dr Anitha) told me if I am lucky the filling would stay, but if the tooth starts bothering me, I have to do root canal, again!! Anyway, the filling went smoothly as I hoped. Steve went to pay our land tax while I was at the dentist. Then we went to the banks and “tabung haji”. After that we had lunch at the restaurant called Santap. That was the first time we ate there. The food was alright, lots of choices. The last stop was the Mega Mall where we watched “the Fast and the Furious”. It was fast alright, but to be honest it was truly ridiculous too. I hope this movie will not inspire Malaysians to do stupid stunts on the roads. We have enough stupidity going on as it is. Since we didn’t leave our house with such high expectations, we were actually quite entertained, not so much by the movie, but by being together without any distractions from the squids, I mean, our kids…

No comments: