Monday, March 9, 2009

Belimbing Buluh



These tart fruits are delicious to cook “Masak Lemak Cili Padi” with fish or “daging salai” (smoked meat?). I have quite a lot of them at the back of my house. The tree is still small because Steve planted it quite recently. I think this is the first time the tree bears so many fruits. I have to confess that I am not too fond of cooking so I am afraid that they will end up rotting and falling off the tree. I wonder if there are some friends who would like to take them before it’s too late. What a shame.

1 comment:

l i e y n said...

my mum salted the belimbing buluh n dry 'em under the hot sun until they really dried like ikan masin...
i never taste the dried one directly but my mum put 'em in gulai tempoyak ikan patin and it really add up the deliciousness of the lauk...heheheheheh