Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Saturday Outing

Steve had to be at his school for some kind of a carnival day. Yasmin and Danial were at the camp. Hannah and I had our piano class so I had to take Najla along. Harris decided to stay home alone playing with his computer game. After the class ended, I thought of bringing the kids out for breakfast (more like a brunch). So I drove home, picked Harris up and headed back to town and went to Taj Restaurant near Kuantan Medical Center. Harris ordered “roti telor”. Hannah and Najla wanted rice and fried chicken. I am not much of an Indian food lover so I took rice and fried squid instead. Suddenly Harris decided not to eat his “roti telor” because “it is not the same as the one from the shop near our house” he said. So I ended up finishing the “roti” and he took my rice and ordered another piece of fried chicken. While eating, a young sales woman came and asked if we wanted to buy any books she was selling. Well, it didn’t take her long to persuade the kids to buy one. They chose the one titled “My Magic Encyclopedia, Animal World”. It comes with 2 CDs.

After brunch, we went to Telok Chempedak beach for about an hour. Harris, Hannah, and Najla had so much fun playing with the sand while I sat and watched them. I nearly dozed off on the bench due to the hypnotizing effect of the cool ocean breeze the sound of the waves. Luckily we managed to get home safely. As soon as we arrived home, I went straight to bed to take a nap and the kids turned on the CD player to watch their new CD. It was a win-win situation…

At night we were invited to a dinner gathering at our neighbors’ house. All 5 of us went and what a great feast it was.

No comments: