Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Did It Again!

Thursday 12 March 2009 - How could I have forgotten my husband’s birthday again! His birthday is on the 10th of March, just one day after Najla’s. Actually we could have chosen to “make” Najla’s birthday the same as her father’s because she was overdue and induced. The doctor told me that I could still wait for one or two more days after we went for the checkup. What? Was she kidding! I couldn’t even wait for another minute to be carrying around that weight. So we decided to force her out on the 9th of March 2004.

Anyway, this entry is not about Najla’s birth date. Like I said earlier, I forgot Steve’s birthday for the 4th or more times already. What makes me feel double terrible is that he never forgot mine (so far). As usual, everybody was busy getting ready for work and school on that day, and suddenly it was time to leave the house already. Then, Danial said, “Did anybody wish abah happy birthday?” Only then I remembered about it and I wished him happy birthday. Being a practical person, I asked what he wanted as presents and he told me to get him a new belt and some pants. I am off to go shopping tonight. As the saying goes, when the going gets tough, the tough goes shopping!

2 comments:

l i e y n said...

i prefer suprise than being practical!!!
just choose what u want to give, not give what i've chose!

Family Memoirs said...

I am more of a practical person. Next time kalau nak bagi hadiah (haha perasanlah pulak), jangan lupa tanya ye. Tapi, aka memang suka kalau orang hadiahkan tuala mandi. Atau pun hamper yang terdiri dari buah-buahan. Ingat tu ye...