Saturday, March 7, 2009

Looking Back (December 2008)

Finally, this is the last entry for 2008! Once this entry is finished I can keep up with current events like everybody else. Thank God for a 3-day week-end, I can definitely catch-up.

Well, let’s see what happened in that month. From what I can see in my diary, it is not as packed as it was in November but one of the most important events occurred in December, my 21st birthday, again!!! I went shopping for a new handbag and I found one that I liked. See the picture below, please…

Yasmin and Harris were still in Bangi attending the Quran camp. Since Raya Qurban was on Monday 8 Dec, the camp organizer let the kids go home on Thursday 4 Dec. Since we couldn’t get them on that day (still working), my niece took them and brought them to my mom’s house. We met the kids when we went back to Ulu Bendul on Saturday 6 Dec to celebrate Raya Qurban together. We left for Kuantan on Sunday 7 Dec but Yasmin and Harris stayed behind because they had to return to the camp on Wednesday 10 Dec. They were sent by my niece.

On Monday 15 Dec Danial went to the School Youth Cadet training in Kuala Pilah until Friday 19 Dec. Since I had to go to the KPTM staff day at the Glory Beach Resort in PD on 19 Dec also, Steve volunteered to take me there (although KPTM provided transportation), so that he could pick Danial at the camp in Kuala Pilah on the way to PD. We stopped by my mom’s house for zuhur and continue our journey to PD. After magrib, Steve and the kids (except Yasmin & Harris) went back to my mom’s house.

The next day he came to get me around zuhur and we went to Bangi to attend the closing ceremony for the Quran camp. Then we went back to my mom’s house. The next day, Sunday 21 Dec, Steve and I took all the kids to the national zoo in KL. The kids had so much fun.

Before heading back to Kuantan, we visited our friend Norina in KL. That was a great visit too because I had not seen her in ages. After magrib, we left for Kuantan feeling very exhausted but contented, especially the kids.

We went back to the kampong again on Saturday 27 Dec because my uncle was having Aqiqah feast on Sunday. We planned to attend the Mufti’s son’s wedding during that weekend also, but somehow we missed it. We thought it was going to be on Sunday, but it turned out the wedding was on Saturday. On Sunday we attended my uncle’s kenduri at lunch, then went to visit my friend Intan in Seremban.

My two sisters and I went to pay our last respect to the late Yam Tuan Besar Negeri Sembilan (who passed away on Saturday) on Monday morning. When we arrived at the Palace, Jalaludin Hassan the actor was also standing in line next to us. Hmm… that was our claim of fame for the day, hahaha… Coincidently, Monday was a public holiday for Maal Hijrah. Then in the afternoon, my sisters and I sat in front of the idiot box watching the live telecast of the burial ceremony for the Yam Tuan.

Hooray!!! Good bye 2008, hello 2009!

No comments: