Monday, March 9, 2009

Danial Lost His Cell Phone

Monday 2 March. The kids had no school that day because of Yaumul Ihtifal (award giving ceremony) on Saturday. As usual, when they don’t have school I would take them to the Kolej so they could go to the library. I wouldn’t let them spend too much free time at home unsupervised because they would do nothing but watch the idiot box! Normally I would ask them to stay at the library until my lunch break at 1pm. Then I would take them home.

So, that day we followed the same ritual except that at about half way home Danial realized that his cell phone has gone missing. I took him back to the Kolej, checked all the places he had been, but no such luck. When the library personnel called his cell phone number, it was off already. I sent an sms to inform his father about it and he replied that he received an sms message from Danial’s phone number after the phone was gone and the message said exactly like this: “I am busy right now, I will call later”. I am very curious who the thief might be. That was the second cell phone he lost withing less than a year!

Being a good citizen I am, I went to the police station to lodge a report the next day. Unfortunately, the computer at the police station I went to, next to Teruntum, was off- line that day, of course! I went again on Wednesday, and thank God the computer was online.

No comments: