Sunday, March 8, 2009

January 2009

I am not sure whether I am losing my memory at the speed of F1 formula cars or there was really not much happening in January. One thing for sure, we didn’t do go back to the kampung as often as we did in the months of November and December. We only went back once, during Chinese New year weekend, Saturday 24 until Tuesday 27.

This year no one is entering year one in school because Hannah is in year 2 and Harris is in year 5. Yasmin however, is entering a secondary school (Form 1) and Danial is in Form 3. Below is Yasmin’s photo on the first day of school which was 5 Jan as a Form 1 student. Najla is still going to kinder-garden. She will only start elementary school in 2011.

As usual Hannah celebrated her birthday (7th this year) on 13 January and we baked her a chocolate cake. It is our family tradition to bake a chocolate cake for each of them for their birthday. Now that we have 5 children, we have to bake 5 times a year. They seem to love our cake, simple, no icing, and delicious. Danial attended a student leadership training on 9 and 10 Jan. Then on 16 and 17, both Danial and Yasmin had qiamulail at their school. It was only for secondary school students.

On the day of Hannah’s birthday, I decided to go to the gymnasium in Sungai Isap, not too far from where we live. I am hoping to lose some stubborn weight which I have been carrying for quite some time. I noticed that losing weight is so much more difficult as soon as I turned 21 again!! I have read somewhere that it is due to our slower metabolism rate. Hopefully with an increased muscle mass, my calorie will be burned faster. After going consistently 3 times a week, for 3 weeks, I decided to become a member, so I signed up on 31 Jan. I go on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I walk or play tennis on Sundays.

I don’t buy shares so often but with the terrible economic condition, I noticed that share prices plummeted to such low rate. To take advantage of the situation, I decided to reactivate my CDS account sometime in the third week of January and then I purchased some shares which I think and hope will bring me luck in a few years.

Sometime in the month, Steve and I went to register Danial for a guitar lesson at the Yamaha music school across from St Thomas school. He wanted to start his lesson in February. We bought him a guitar on the same day too (picture below). So far he has the most talent in music and he plays piano quite well.

No comments: