Sunday, March 22, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere, Not A Drop To Drink

Thursday 12 March 2009 - If I had to choose between a day without electricity and a day without water, I would definitely choose no electricity. When I was a kid we never had electricity until I was in standard six (12 years old) and I was doing just fine. But imagine living without water for that amount of time. I don’t think I would be sitting here today, writing this blog entry.

On Tuesday, the day of my husband’s birthday, the whole city of Kuantan was out of water supply. No wonder I forgot his birthday! It was such a pain having 7 people living in a house without any reserved water. Later that day I was told that the turbine at the dam in Kuantan burst. Since it was an emergency, JBA didn’t have time to warn us the poor consumers. Thank God the water supply was back on Wednesday night.

No comments: